+44 (0)1268 270001

Custom Clearance

Mannson Freight Services offer customs clearance at EVERY major port and airport in the UK. We have a dedicated team of custom clearance experts.

Dealing with import licenses and quotas

An import license is a document issued by a national government authorizing the importation of certain goods into its country

Importation of food stuffs

What food can you bring into the UK? What foods are banned in Europe? What do you declare at customs? These are just some of the many questions that are asked of us when completing a customs clearance.

Bonded goods

We can arrange for goods to be stored at a CUstoms bonded depot under a temporary bond / customs entry pending final Customs clearance and payment of duties and taxes.

IPR goods

IPR (Inward Processing Relief) is a method of obtaining relief from customs, duties and VAT. Relief applies to good imported from outside of the EU, processed and exported to countries outside of the EU.

CAP Goods

CAP (Common Agricultural Policy). Knowing which goods need CAP import/export licenses and applying the specific information at time of Customs clearance is crucial for importers and exporters to stay with in regulation and to assist with reclaiming sugar duties etc.

Cross Border Shipments / Shipments under T1 Bond

We are fully conversant with rules behind cross border shipments and different laws and rules associated with that particular country. We can also arrange for use of T1 bond for taking goods to another EU member state for final Customs clearance as long as we are arranging the transport / warehousing at both ends.

With an in-depth knowledge of how customs operate, we can assist you with these and many other Customs related matters. We handle this in house and directly via our own system. We can offer you competitive pricing for clearing your goods.

What documents/information do I need to custom clear my goods?

  • EORI Number from HMRC, (usually 4-5 working day’s from application to issue).
  • Copy of Bill of lading (sea freight)/ copy HAWB (air freight)
  • Packing list and invoice issued by your supplier, showing correct terms of sale (ex works, fob, CIF, DDU, DDP etc.)
  • Additional original docs such as GSP cert, ATR1, EUR1 if claiming preferential rates or if origin rules dictate required.
  • If goods are imported under licenses, you must notify broker of all license details.

Simply click here to get a quote or email us at sales@mannson.com